We provide soccer, basketball clinics once a week at our local low income elementary schools (3th to 5th graders). We invite you to join us to become that person that makes a positive impact for youth through sports.
As a youth volunteer you will:
- Earn volunteer hours
- Give back to the community
- Have the opportunity to interact with some amazing kids
Join us at the San Diego Food Bank, to help sort, label, and package food items. Our potential projects may include
- Cleaning, inspecting, sorting, packing
- Labeling food products
- Assembling food boxes
- Check expiration dates and best buy dates, inspect the food to ensure products follow our food safety standards, sort the food by type, and pack the food for community distribution.
Join us in creating memorable moments for the men, women, and children at the San Diego Rescue Mission. Our mission is simple yet powerful: to enrich the lives of the rescue mission residents with fun activities and games.
Our activities will include:
- Touring the facility and learning more about the San Diego Rescue Mission
- Board Games
- Arts and Crafts Activities
- Tote Bag Decorating (That we will then gift to the shelter residents)
- Book Reading
Join us in helping to cook and serve lunch to the adults and youth at Urban Street Angels, our new partner. Volunteers will use the food provided by us to prepare and serve a lunch menu. We will be preparing (from scratch) and serving:
- Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- Healthy Snack Bites (including peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, fruit, and vegetables)
Adults and older youth can assist in cooking the main dish in the kitchen, while the kids can help make sandwiches and decorate cookies!
We organize bimonthly events, including serving food at soup kitchens, cooking breakfast at youth shelters, and decorating shelters for the holidays, among other activities. These programs cater to a smaller group of volunteers and fill up quickly.
Back2School (August): Where we bring hundreds of volunteers together to fill backpacks filled with school supplies. These are then distributed to homeless families in our county.
Bags of Hopes (December): Where we bring hundreds of volunteers together to fill backpacks filled with school supplies. These are then distributed to homeless families in our county.